Monday, October 10, 2005

Pleased

I worked on the first chapter and into the second chapter on the way to a family reunion and during the reunion. I'm happy with the results, now to just get them transferred from the Quikpad to the computer. I tried to get it to my laptop last night and it didn't work. But I'm sure I've used the laptop before. Anyway, I'm going to put it into the PC, then onto a cd to get it onto the laptop, my writing computer. What a lot of work for a chapter and a half!

I like the chapter because the first time around I made the hero too soft. This time he comes across more like the character I created in my head. I don't know why he was so wimpy the first go around! LOL He takes charge now and asks better questions.

Hearing from my contact in the Nez Perce, I have to refigure a few things. Which seems to be happening to me a lot with these books. I get an idea and run with it before I get my answers back and then I find out they wouldn't do things that way. But what a fun learning experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paty,
You don't have to be 100% accurate on your Nez Perce stuff. You can take liberties as a writer and just explain what you did at the end of your book. I see writers do this all the time. It might free you up on things.

I know you strive for accuracy. It's just a little suggestion for you to mull over.

And get working on that contemporary! I'm excited for that to get done! LOL