Saturday, April 29, 2006

Writing? What's that?

I have company coming today. My daughter, her husband and little boy, plus my dad who had to see Christy and family. With the company and this next week being one of my 4-H weeks from H-E-double toothpicks - I don't forsee a whole lot of writing getting done.

This is the time of the year I start gritting my teeth and getting torqued out of shape because I can't commit as much time to writing as I want. And this summer will be even worse because I want to have a book edited and ready to publish in September at The Wild Rose Press, plus I will be getting queries to sort through and hopefully editing books for others to be on the site.

Last week I told my colleague at the 4-H office that most likely I will not be working there after October. That is my goal anyway.

Then this week our well went dry. So that is a chunk of change we hadn't planned on spending either - so we'll see. Getting out in the Fall may be a pipe dream.

2 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Keeping fingers crossed that you get to quit in the fall. That would be great for you.

Sorry about the well, and the fact you have so much work coming up. But if I know you...you'll find time to squeeze in the writing. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah Paty. If it's not one thing... You know the rest.

I hope your well going out gets fixed soon. You'd think with all the water we've had this year that is would be fine. That's just freaky.

Boy, I sure hope you can quit in the Fall. That would give you so much more time to devote to getting published. Stay positive! :)

Sorry your life sucks right now. But I love you!