Saturday, July 08, 2006

It's official

I did it.

I walked into the book store and set up a book signing for myself and Christine Young on September 9th! Now the book store owner wants a press package! Anyone out there have any idea what needs to go in a press package? I've asked Chris to send me her's so I can get an idea of what I need to write. The Book Barn is going to do all the publicity, we just have to give her all the information.

This is scary and exciting at the same time. I also set up to be in the bookfair at Emerald City Conference in October, but I have to provide the books for that event. So that will be another learning step to hurdle. I don't know if my poor, old brain can take in all the things I need to learn and know.

If Gambling on an Angel is ready, it would be cool to have both books at the September signing, but I should have both at the October one for sure. That way I can tell people, "this one is rated R and this one is a mild R" LOL. Marshal in Petticoats has three pretty hot love scenes and Gambling on an Angel has one seductive love scene.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is exciting news Paty! Good for you girlfriend!

I hope everything goes smoothly and you have a blast doing this. It would be a lot of fun to do a book signing.

You're going to learn soooo much, then you can come back and tell the rest of us how to do it. LOL

Good for you!!!

Lisa Pulliam said...

Congrats! That's awesome! You'll have to tell us when and where so the chapter can come support you two. When I make press kits some of the components include: press release on book, backgrounder/bio on you, excerpt or copy of book, maybe a fact sheet of the book (quick bits of info). I've never done a press kit for a book, so I'm trying to translate what I do in my job to books. Hmm...I'll do some thinking on it. I can send you some tips of good things to include to have a better shot at getting the media's attention.

Paty Jager said...

Lisa, I'd appreciate all the info you can give me! I'm kind of out of my element on this.

The first book signing will be in Bend, but Chris is working on one or two in the Salem Area.

Paty Jager said...

Pipe, Believe me - once I get this all figured out I will do a workshop on it. It is more scarey than writing a book and sending out to editors and agents. Even more than pitching a book! I think it being an e-book/print on demand is making it more difficult and harder to figure out what to do.