Monday, July 03, 2006

Limbo

With two books now at Wild Rose Press to come out this fall, I'm sort of in limbo. I know I need to get back into the Spirit books, but I'm also trying to put together book signings and head to Alaska for a couple of weeks to await a grandchild's appearance. And I feel like I can't really get back in the story until after County Fair. Because once I come back from Alaska, I have to hit the ground running, getting ready for fair and getting through it.

I read a submission to the Cactus Line yesterday and responded and have another to get read. But I can't quite get myself motivated to get to work. I should be out moving bark or doing something outside, but it's too dang hot. I'll bale hay tonight while my dh picks it up with the balewagon. That's our Fourth of July extravaganza - haying.

2 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Hey! Congrats on the 2nd sale! Where was the announcement or did I just totally miss it?! Which book is this?

Paty Jager said...

I kind of snuck it in! LOL Actually when we weren't getting very many submissions for the Cactus Rose line and Rhonda said each line needs to have two books at the opening in September, I offered a second book to the head of historicals and she said sure, let's do it!

It is Gambling on an Angel.