Friday, January 12, 2007

Ten minutes of fame

I had an interview on the local morning talk show. It was fun after the fact! I was nervous and watching the tape my friend made, I feel like I could have done a better job, but maybe next time since the host asked me to please let her know when I have another book out so she could have me on the show again.

The host liked both books. I gave her autographed copies a couple weeks before the interview so she could read them and she did! She loved the characters and fun of Marshal in Petticoats and saw the growth of my writing in the second one and liked the story.

I really have to get better at interviews. I thought I'd be fine one on one, but I was still nervous. It's funny but after the camera turned off we chatted for another 15 minutes and I felt more comfortable and relaxed by then! Guess I need to see if we can talk without my knowing the camera is on! LOL

Have you been interviewed on camera? And if so what are some thoughts on how to relax?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paty! I bet your interview was great and you're just being modest. :)

I've never been interviewed on T.V. before, but I don't think I'd have a problem with it. You know me, I just sorta go for it. LOL

Maybe for the next one they could just fake you out, and like you said, interview you without you realizing the camera's on. They really should give you the option of knowing or not knowing, then cut what needs to be cut. Or was it live?

I hope it gets your name out there and that a lot of great sales get racked up for you!

Congratulations on getting through it and I'm happy for your sake that it's done, until next time anyway. BWAHAHAHAHA! (yes, that was an evil laugh. heheheh)

chanceofbooks said...

Congrats Paty! You are the poster-girl for how to self promote---and you do it awesome! I'm so glad this was a postive experience for you!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Piper and Wavy! And Piper, it was live - no retakes! I felt good about it until I watched the video, then I thought- sheesh what a dweeb!I didn't know I did so much facial maneuvers when I talked! Lord give that woman some valium!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Glad it went well, Paty. Are you bringing the tape on Tuesday?

Our famous pres... ;)

Paty Jager said...

Eli, Sure...