Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bummed!

The weather on the pass is so nasty today, I don't want to chance going over to the RWA chapter meeting tonight. And I was receiving a raindrop for my books sales last year! Double bummer!

Eli came up with the awesome idea of chapter members who sell a book get a colored glass raindrop, and with the first one they get an umbrella to hang it from! So clever! And it goes with our chapter logo of an umbrella and raindrops for the rainy Willamette Valley.

But since I live on the east side of the Cascade range, it sometimes makes my getting to meetings during the winter months a little tricky. When I became president of the chapter, I had missed very few meetings, but this winter, the weather has not been as considerate. It seems like every Tuesday I want to go, there is a storm! At least lately.

Hope the weather is better in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

We'll miss you, Paty! But never fear, I'll mail you your award. You'll just have to figure out how to put it together by yourself. ;)

Stay warm (and safe).