Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Characterization


The thought of sending in a proposal to Nationals to teach a workshop is gaining momentum and keeping me up at night. I'm going to try and pull two proposals together- 1) Stages of Writing. I gave at the local writers meeting only I would gear it toward the Romance Genre only instead of all genres as I did for the meeting. 2) Characterization. I feel that is the strongest element of my writing and so does my CP. I know my characters are engaging ,and I live through them as I write my books, but I'm not sure I am a good person to talk on it since I'm not really sure I know what my knack is.

I'm going to read as much as I can on the subject, look at other writer's blogs and websites who talk about it, and see if I can come up with either some worksheets or information I can stretch into a 50 minute time slot.

Any suggestions or places to look for information, would be greatly appreciated! And don't worry over the next month I'll be asking you all kinds of questions. Like who were your favorite characters and why?

3 comments:

Melissa Blue said...

www.jennycrusie.com. She has a workshop going on with Bob Mayer. She has a writing forum called the cherry forums where writers can ask just about any question. I've learned a lot through both sites about characterization.

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Mel! I'll check it out!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Good luck, Paty. You'll do great.