Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Made it - Barely!


It's still Wednesday and here's my Wednesday blog.

After babysitting my granddaughter's my daughter took me up into the mining country of the Blue Mountains and we traipsed along Cracker Creek( a place that will be prominent in the third Petticoat book), we looked at an old mine site, visited the town of Sumpter, and then I visited the museum and dug through the books of local history at the Baker City library. I'm now ready to sit down and start on "Miner in Petticoats". On the way to and from Baker City, I thought about the characters and have visualized some of the scenes. It will be interesting to see how many actually make it into the book when I start writing. Not everyone I think of when away from the keyboard makes it into the books, but they all help to solidify the characters in my head and make them come alive for me.

I had a good time at the Hearts Through History online chat as their guest speaker on Tuesday night. I think it went well and I made a decent representation for myself. They were excited about the upcoming petticoat books when I gave them some teasers.

Tomorrow I have to get a lof to things caught up and get some writing done as well. What do you have planned for the rest of the week? And what kind of teaser gets your interest about a book?

No comments: