Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Non-Productive Week


I'm learning that a 4 year-old girl who normally doesn't want to play with cars, wants them all when her 3 year-old boy cousin pulls out his cars to play with. Two 16 month-olds don't like to play with each other, but love to torment the older kids. And there may be only a total of two hours a day when they are awake that there won't be someone crying, fussing, or throwing a fit!

Watching these makes me wonder how I made it through the first few years of having three kids 3 years and under when mine were toddlers. But I did, and with this experience, I've learned I like my quiet! LOL

The only writing getting done this week, is listening to my 4 year-old granddaughter so I can get the dialog right for the book I'm working on now, Miner in Petticoats. The heroine has a 4 year-old daughter.

How is your week going? Are you getting things accomplished you planned or more?

2 comments:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Nope! LOL. My youngest has been home sick from preschool two days this week, so that really cuts into my "productive" time.

Between cleaning and trying to get him to actually rest (so he can be well enough to go on Friday!) I'm accomplishing very, very little.

Danita Cahill said...

I'm not doing too bad this week -- got a partial sent off to an editor. Going through the ms. one last and final, final time. And printing wedding photos for a portfolio, as I meet with a couple on Sunday to talk about being their wedding photog.

Not bad, considering we're all sick with colds. DH came home early yesterday from work, and figures on only working a partial shift tonight.

Enjoy the noisy little ones. Soon they'll be sullen teens, and you'll wish for their toddler noises again. Ha!