Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fudge, Family, and Fun

It's that time of year. It is 7 am and I've already made a batch of fudge this morning. I plan to get the package of presents, cookies, and fudge off to my son and his family either this afternoon or tomorrow. So, before I sat down and the computer and got lost in 1889, I figured I better get the fudge made!

I still have to make the gingerbread people for my family garland I put on the Christmas tree. I decorate cookies to look like family members and put their names on their chests. Then I connect them with curling ribbon and draped them on the tree like a garland. I have sixteen stockings hanging from my loft, and that's just immediate family! I also have nine nieces and nephews and their parents to do! Not to mention I plan to give my 4-H members each a cookie when we have our Christmas gathering. So I'll be up to my elbows in cookies next week!

What are some Christmas traditions you do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite family traditions is watching "Muppet Christmas Carol" on Christmas Eve before we all headed off to bed.

Paty Jager said...

It's funny how I never even knew than had become a tradition until you kids mentioned it!