First off here is my new granddaughter: Rietta Louise Ruth.
The five things I learned this week were from my grandsons, ages 3 and 18 months.
1) If you can't see, push a chair from one end of the house to the other and climb up.
2) The path through the livingroom, hall, kitchen, diningroom, and back into the livingroom makes a good race track either chasing a dog, pushing a car, or flying a plane. And a hundred laps is mandatory.
3) When you're grumpy, irritating your brother can make you smile for the first time all day.
4) Peaches and catsup elicit as big a "yum" as hot dog dipped in peach juice and catsup.
5) Nap is a four letter word and can make even the most even-tempered child throw a tantrum. But make grandma sigh with relief.
So what have you learned from a toddler?