Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Five- things I learned this week


First off here is my new granddaughter: Rietta Louise Ruth.


The five things I learned this week were from my grandsons, ages 3 and 18 months.


1) If you can't see, push a chair from one end of the house to the other and climb up.


2) The path through the livingroom, hall, kitchen, diningroom, and back into the livingroom makes a good race track either chasing a dog, pushing a car, or flying a plane. And a hundred laps is mandatory.


3) When you're grumpy, irritating your brother can make you smile for the first time all day.


4) Peaches and catsup elicit as big a "yum" as hot dog dipped in peach juice and catsup.


5) Nap is a four letter word and can make even the most even-tempered child throw a tantrum. But make grandma sigh with relief.


So what have you learned from a toddler?

4 comments:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Let's see...

that a quiet child is a child up to no good, LOL.

That if you put one end of the toilet paper in the toilet and flush, the toilet will eventually overflow.

That the cat really does NOT like taking baths

That using the toilet brush to scrub the bathroom counter is not a good way to clean up a mess.

There is no funnier word in the English language than butt... except possibly "poopy-head"

And toothpaste... it isn't just for teeth anymore

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL...

Paty and Nic, I can soooo relate! :)

Loved your examples!

I remember when my two oldest were little and they used to ride their bikes (still had training wheels attached) around and around the kitchen, living room, dining room circle. Over and over and over. Carpet, linoleum, carpet. Carpet, linoleum, carpet. Round and round.

I'm getting dizzy just remembering it.

And yes, I did let them do this in the house believe it or not. It was because they were so little and we lived in a bad neighborhood at the time. Plus, it rained too much anyway. They were just safer in the house. Even if it did drive me nuts!

As far as things I've learned from toddlers? Hmm... My brain's turned to mush from having five of them put me through the test the last 16 1/2 years so... I can't think of anything I've learned except they sure are cute when they're sleeping. :)

Nicole McCaffrey said...

LOL they sure are, Piper. And I left off the more stomach-churning things I've learned.

For example, I know now to be VERY SPECIFIC when asking them to do/stop doing something. Recently a frustrated "Please stop eating your boogers!" had to be amended to include the warning "and don't eat your brother's boogers, either!"

Oh the joys! We could probalby fill a book with this stuff!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Paty. Welcome to my hell, er, I mean world.