Do you have times when there is so much on your mind you can't sleep? Or you are sleeping just fine and you wake up and all the things you need to do pop into your head? Or sometimes in my case the story I'm working on pops into my head and I can't go back to sleep until I jot down the things circling like vultures in there.
Well, last night was one of those nights where things wouldn't let me sleep. Here's a list of five of them.
1. The first thing that popped into my head was the fact I won't be back from Kodiak very long before the Celebration of Literacy event I'm attending in February. So I was thinking of what I needed to do while I was gone.
2. Which brought me to the talk I'm giving with another writer the end of February and what I need to get done for that.
3. Which led me to the EPICon I'm attending in early March and the presentation I have to get put together for that.
4. Which led me to- if I'm picked for the EPPIE award who would I mention.
5. Which led me to the story I'm working on now and how the heck am I going to get this story to the black moment I've plotted from the spot I'm at now!
And I tossed and turned for over an hour knowing I needed to get to sleep since I have a red-eye flight tonight and won't get much sleep before having to take on two rambunctious toddlers!
So what keeps you up at night? Or are you one of those people who can sleep no matter what is happening in your life.