Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Five- Beach Retreat


I'm so ready for the beach retreat I'm going to today with my fellow RWA chapter members. Even with as much as I've been away from home lately, I need to recharge with like minds and spend two days focusing on my writing.

So the five things I plan to do this weekend.

1) walk on the beach (I love the smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves) If it didn't rain on the coast so darn much, I'd be living there!

2) Reconnect with some writers I haven't seen in a while.

3) Work on the revisions for Spirit of the Mountain.

4) Use all those great minds to help me plot out the next two contemporaries.

5) Have an awesome time with women who take writing seriously and make me push myself to the max.

If you could go on a retreat right now- where would you go and what would you do?

3 comments:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Someplace warm and sunny--not hot, just pleasant. I'd do much the same, rest, recharge my batteries, plot-- and soak up some Vitamin D!

Unknown said...

This sounds so nice. Have fun and hope you're very productive.

Where would I go? As I live in South Florida about 8 miles from the beach, I'd probably go to the mountains or a snow resort. I'm looking forward to going to Lori Foster's readers' and writers' retreat in Cincinnati this summer. I'm from Cincy so I can't wait to go home to visit my dad and everybody I miss so much.

Paty Jager said...

We had sunny on the retreat and warm enough all we needed were sweatshirts to walk on the beach.

Thanks for stopping by Nic!

South Florida, Ashley it sounds like you have the warm an sunshine! I don't blame you for wanting a change of scenery to the snow. Our trip to the coast we went over a mountain pass and had about ten feet of snow on the sides of the road, but luckily the roads were clear. Thanks for stoppoing by!