Today I'm going to share what I learned from agent Michelle Grajkowski about nailing a pitch in person.
1) Know your genre and mention it at the beginning of the interview.
2) Tell the word count, if it's complete, and the targeted house
3) Give a 2-3 sentence hook or blurb
4) Tell your writing qualifications
5) Ask questions and tell your career goals
Basically an in person pitch is what you would write in a query letter. The best thing though is if something doesn't make sense the agent or editor can ask questions.