Friday, December 12, 2008
Friday Five- Bonus day!
First off- I'm blogging about my horse, Bud, over at Nicole McCaffrey's today, so hop over and learn about my 1200 pound puppy!
My Friday Five- I read Agent Jessica Faust's blog regularly. I like the things she says about the business and agents. On Wednesday, she wrote about an author questionnaire some publishers send out to help them with marketing and promotion of an author or book. She listed the questions that she felt would also help an author, any author, in their planning and writing stages. These are questions that will make it easier for you to talk to others about your book when promoting.
Here are all nine:
• What are the main points about you and/or the book that should be emphasized to the media?
• Who do you think will buy your book (i.e., your market)?
• If you could construct an interview for yourself, what questions would you want to be asked? Can you come up with about 5 to 10 questions and answers for this self-interview?
• Are there any anniversaries, occasions or events upcoming to which we might tie the publicity for your book?
• Is there any competition for your book? How are the other books alike? How are they dissimilar?
• What was your inspiration for the book?
• Who are your favorite authors?
• Tell us anything about you as a working writer that you think might be interesting or unusual.
• What do you hope readers will learn/discover from reading your book?
It's easy to see how knowing the answers to these questions would help you better promote your book and your knowledge of the industry. Thank you Jessica for once again, broadening my knowledge!