Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Five - Is Six Today


I had a topic I was going to put up here that went with my Monday blog, but since I was tagged, yes tagged by Karen Duvall (I'll get ya girl) I'll play this little game today and use what I had for next Friday.

BTW- I'm averaging 2.25 miles of walking a day. And that's over rough terrain(I walk the perimeter of our property where I can) and pumping my arms with weights in my hands. So I think I'm doing good. Plus my sit-ups. If I can keep up the drive, I should easily make my goal.

Okay so the Rules:
Link to the person who tagged you; write down six things that make you happy; post the rules; tag six others and let them know you’ve done it; tell the person who tagged you when your entry is up.

Six Things That Make Me Happy

1) Having my kids and grandkids visit.
2) Waving good-bye to my kids and grandkids. *G*
3) Spending time with friends.
4) Watching a sunny day take shape.
5) Having someone who has read my books say they liked them.
6) My husband

Okay, I'm tagging-
Nicole McCaffrey
Lauri Robinson
Helen Hardt
Viola Estrella
Debra St. John
Piper Lee

8 comments:

Karen Duvall said...

That's a great 6 things!

Good on you for taking the long walks. I tried doing that a few months ago, and one toe on each foot started bleeding from under the nail. I have no idea what's up with that, but it kept happening so I stopped walking so much. And who can afford a $70 doc visit for bloody toes when you have a $2500 deductible? Not me. Good luck on your goal and may your toes not bleed, lol! 8^)

Caroline said...

Hi Patty, really great six things....

And your walking and pumping are wonderful. We feel so much better afterwards.
~C

Viola Estrella said...

2.25 miles a day is great! I've been trying to jog on the treadmill. Blah. Your walk sounds like more fun.

Thanks for the tag!

Helen Hardt said...

Great job on your walking -- you go! I love walking, and really need to make it more of a priority. It's great for clearing the head. Also need to start my body sculpting regimen. Do you have a few hours in your day I can borrow? Yeah, I hear you laughing...

This tag is much easier than the last one I got -- I had to list sixteen things about myself! I'll make this my blog for next Friday.

Helen

Anonymous said...

Hey Paty,

You go girl! You're doing awesome on your walking and sit ups! Good for you.

I've only walked 3 times this week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. (today) I was bad and didn't do any sit ups. *smack me* I'll do them today before lunch. I promise. ;)

Oh, and I've walked 2 miles each of those days. I'm walking with my DH and I can't get him to commit to more than that yet; and he doesn't want me out there by myself. Sweet, but a little irritating. I'm going to have to step it up and do something like step aerobics in the living room or something. I want to be able to keep up with you, you dynamo!

You're such and inspiration!

Viola Estrella said...

Okey doke, Paty. I answered your tag at www.coloradovixens.blogspot.com and added a nice treat at the end. :-)

Lauri said...

Congrats on the walking, and I love your happy list!

I posted my list, and tagged six others...So now that I've spent an hour (because my first post deleted itself!) playing on the computer, it's time to get to work...or is it lunch time? Hmmm...

Cheers!

Paty Jager said...

Karen, you started this whole thing.... Yuck on the toes! If my toes bled when I walked I wouldn't either.

Caroline, Thanks for hangin' with us!

Viola, Glad you aren't putting me on a hit list for tagging you. ;)

Helen, You know I'll be checking your blog. You're scenery at Helen's Heroes is too good to miss!

Piper, maybe you can drag one of your kids out of bed the other two mornings since your dh won't let you walk alone. Of course I'm not alone I have the three dogs and then I walk through a herd of 50 cattle... and dodge cowpies, climb gates. It's more of an obstacle course than a walk. LOL

Lauri, Thanks for playing!