Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday Promo- Me



I'm slow this morning. I attended my RWA chapter meeting last night and rolled in after midnight due to foggy road conditions on the way home.

Today, I'm sending out a what's up for me in the coming months.

Monday, January 26th - I'll be guest blogging at I Do not Want To Wait, I Want The Book Now.

Thursday, February 26th - I'll be the guest speaker at Central Oregon Writers Guild, talking about Promotion 101

Saturday March 14th - I'll be giving a workshop on Characterization at the Inland Empire RWA conference in Spokane WA.

It's a little early since Miner in Petticoats won't be out for another five months, but here's a little teaser:

She slid her arms around his neck and pressed
her body against him. “That’s okay. Ye taught me numbers, ah’ll teach ye what a woman wants.” Her lips brushed his lightly, back and forth, teasing, tingling. Her wet, warm mouth opened, and he surrendered to her instruction.
Aileen owed the man kissing her back passionately, yet, she wasn’t sure how much she was willing to give. She wanted him. Her body wanted him. He’d demonstrated his gentleness and now revealed his desire. He drew her hips tight against his, pressing his hardened length against her belly. His hands made an unhurried path up her sides and around just brushing the swells of her breasts. The feel of his strong, yet, gentle hands brought back faded memories of being loved. A feeling she’d given up hope of reveling in again.
She placed her hands on either side of his rugged face and pulled back enough to keep their lips separated as she looked into his eyes. “Ah’ve a hunger fur ye. But ah’ve bairn tae think aboot.” The desire in his eyes didn’t lessen as his lips curved into a smile that dazzled her senses.
“I’ll keep my hands to myself when the children and others are present as long as you promise to slip into my arms when we’re alone.”
She studied his face. Was he willing to not bed her? Even though he was rock hard and must be hurting.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Your calendar is filling up fast!

Liked the excerpt, especially the accent! :) That has to be difficult to write!