Friday, March 13, 2009
Friday Five- Getting Ready for a Workshop
As you read this I'm on my way to a writer's conference in Spokane, WA. I'm giving my Characterization workshop on Saturday morning and sitting in on a book signing in the afternoon.
I'm excited about this conference because I missed my February RWA chapter meeting due to the weather and I feel like I'm having withdrawals. LOL I belong to a local writers group and attended, in fact, spoke at the February meeting, but there is something about being around other romance writers and participating in a conference that energizes.
So the five things I did to get ready for this conference.
1) I tweaked my power point presentation, adding music and making sure I have examples for exercises.
2) Made copies of the hand outs.
3) Put together a box of goodies to hand out to those who participate in the exercises.
4) Put together my goodies, books, and signage for the book signing.
5) And last but not least, worrying over what to wear... The hardest part. Comfortable? Professional? Does this make me look like a cow? Is this frumpy? Too over the top? Will they take me serious in this? If only I could look like my friend's daughter! (photo above)
I'm happy with the workshop, just not me!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!