Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend excitement


I'll be blogging over at Seduced by History blog tomorrow. I answered questions for two interviews last week, and I'll keep you posted when those are up to read.

Right now I'm working on a free read that will be available to all from The Wild Rose Press in June. I'll let you know the exact date when I find out. It has secondary characters from the current WIP as the main characters. The plan is to hook readers with that story, and they'll want to read the Halsey series.

This is going to sound silly, but the most exciting thing this weekend was our trip to a cell phone store. I am now the proud owner of a PURPLE cell phone. I love the fact it's purple. Silly I know, but for some reason it makes me feel like a kid! LOL I had a cell phone before that was clunky, and I could never figure out how to do anything on it. Our company was bought out, and my hubby couldn't get good customer service with the same company, so we went elsewhere. And I have a gadget to get internet on my computer. Well, we hope. I have 30 days to see if it works out at Princeton. We're headed there this coming weekend, and I can see if it will work. After all, I'll need internet connection while I'm there this summer changing irrigation lines.

I'm getting excited to participate in the Reader's Luncheon at the Governor Hotel in Portland, OR on April 18th.

How is your week shaping up? Anything exciting or silly happen to you over the weekend?

2 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

It's spring break for my boys this week, so they're home. I have no idea how this week will shape up. Hopefully I'll get some work done. At least the taxes are off my plate!

Lauri said...

Purple cell phone! I love it! Look forward to your guest blog spots and the free read!

Silly? Exciting? I won a really pretty .22 rifle at the Wild Turkey Federation Banquet last Saturday. My hubby and son are arguing over who I should give it too, so I think I'll keep it.