Friday, August 07, 2009

Friday Faves


First- Lauri is the winner of one of Alexis's books!!! So Lauri e-mail and let me know if you would like the western or the paranormal and send your mailing address so I can pass the info on to Alexis.

Okay this week's Faves- Well, I'm happy the lightening that hit behind me (while changing pipes), sending quivers up my spine and standing my hair on end missed me. It did however make Tink and I run for the cabin!!

This week I was asked to give a workshop to the Rose City Romance RWA Chapter in November.

I've been asked to talk about writing to a community of writers three hours from me.

We finally had a break in the heat!!!!!!!!!Yay! We went from 95-100 to the 60's. A drastic drop and we're all searching for jackets, but it is a nice relief.

My sister-in-law graduated with her doctorate in Pharmacology this spring and we are headed to their house tomorrow for a grad party. Should be fun. She's been working on this a long time since she has also raised six kids while going to school.

Anything fun or exciting happen to you this week?

4 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

Yes, I have a Friday fave! My son won first place in three piano competitions yesterday!

Nicole McCaffrey said...

We took our boys to a baseball game last night. It was my 6 YO's first game. He was wiggly, but we had great seats, the weather was pleasant (yay! no rain!) and we all had fun. Best of all, our team won. *G*

Afterward there were fireworks so we got home late and are all tired today, LOL, but it was a lot of fun.

Paty Jager said...

Congrats on your son's success, Helen!!!

Baseball games are a fun family outing. I"m glad you all had fun!

Lauri said...

Yahoo! I can't believe I won! THANKS! The emial is on its way!

We are in Kansas, so now experiencing 100 degree heat. I'm melting.

Glad you didn't get hit by the lightning!