Monday, August 31, 2009

Musings


I received word that my Free Read "Fireworks and Fancies" is available at The Wild Rose Press. I'd love to hear from you if you read it. It is a short story about the sister of the heroine in Doctor in Petticoats. Friday, I received my contract for Doctor in Petticoats, so will soon have edits to work on there along with edits for Spirit of the Mountain.

I'm working on a Christmas novella. I've included a cat. I've never had a cat other than a barn cat so this is a new level of throwing in something to learn about. Luckily I have many friends with cats who I can go to for some cat body language. LOL

Saturday, I attended an author event in Dayville, OR. Kelly and Eloise, the ladies who put it together did a great job! Enes Smith, Kristy St. Clair and Jill Williamson were the other authors present. We all gave a presentation and visited with the attendees. They were all a wonderful friendly group!

5 comments:

Babyblue22 said...

I'm going to head over and check out your free read Paty!
Congrats on the new contract!fshan
I can't believe August is already over..Summer just flew by!

~Afshan
Afshan522@aol.com

Judy said...

Looks like a great read!! Goodbye August. Hate to see you go.

magnolias_1@msn.com

Paty Jager said...

Afshan, thanks for stopping by and talking about "august".

Judy, fun to see you!

Lauri said...

Great free read, Paty! I loved it!

No, no, no, I refuse to believe August has left us!

gtyyup said...

Well, that's the first I've read of yours Paty...It's great!! John read it before I did, and he liked it too!

Good luck on the cat thing...barn cats are about as close as they come around here!