Sunday, January 03, 2010

Holidays are Over


The holidays are over and life is getting back to normal.

I finished revisions on a contemporary western over the holidays. It is off to my editor and now I'm working on the second book of the Spirit trilogy and waiting for a release date for the first one.

If you haven't yet and would like to vote for Miner in Petticoats as Best Western for 2009 at the Love Western Romances website the voting continues until Jan. 11th.

This month will be busy with writing and editing. I'm not traveling anywhere and hope to make a large dent in the current project.

I'm not a goal maker, but I've told myself I'll write three books this year. The time frame is to finish this book by the end of March. I already have a quarter of it written and mapped out as much as I map a book. The next book I hope to have finished by the end of July. It will require a road trip to gather research. The third book will hopefully be finished by the end of the year.

Now that it is out there for the whole world to see, I'll have to keep to the challenge I've presented myself.

How about you. Have you set any goals to accomplish during 2010?

1 comment:

Helen Hardt said...

In 2010 I need to focus on writing novel length fiction and getting it published. Short stories and novellas have been successful for me, but it's time to buckle down. Though, after publishing so many shorts and novellas, a novel of 80K seems a little daunting! But I've written that long before, I can do it again!