Friday, December 03, 2010

Friday Faves


It's been a busy week with grandkids screeching and running around like wild animals. Cooking and taking care of livestock in the cold weather.

We traveled to Salem on Thursday. I attended my RWA chapter December gathering and my daughter and her children visited her cousin and her new baby.

A couple of faves this week happen to come from fans. I never thought I'd be able to say that, but I have fans!

At my book signing last Saturday Vicky, a woman who works at the bank my dad uses, told me, "Your dad brought in your book and told me to read it and pass it around. I've never been much of a reader so I passed it around and it finally ended up back on my desk. I took it home and started reading. It was the first book I read from cover to cover and now when I bring home one of your books, my husband knows he won't see me until it's done."

The other fave was in an e-mail. A reader wrote and said she'd been looking everywhere to find out when Hank Halsey's book would be available. Unfortunately I haven't written his story yet. The plot I had figured out for him wouldn't work when I started researching so I've been thinking and checking out things to get it written. I"m hoping to have it done this year. But knowing there is someone out there waiting for the story will push me to work faster to get it done.

Have you heard from someone this week who made your day or week?

4 comments:

M Pax said...

Cool! Yay that you have fans.

I've been the receiver of all bad news lately. I'm looking for a change of pace. :D

Lauri said...

Sounds like a great week, and lovely comments from fans! Very cool!

My good news this week was from my HQN editor, she asked if I'd be interested in writing a duet for my next Undones. I said I'd love to, of course!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Nancy said...

I must echo M Pax, no good news this week or last. But I am 15k into my Christmas story that was to be a short. Hanging my head and laughing, but this happens to long winded southerners. I so hear you on the wrangling of livestock in the cold. Granted we are in the 40s,30s, and 20s but the south shouldn't be this cold. LOL. Wishing you a save journey, wishing M Pax a much better week, and Congratulating Lauri on getting an HQN editor and the duet. My hats off to your fans and likewise, I so await your book.

Nan

Paty Jager said...

Mary,
Hang in there, you have an awesome voice. Someone is going to snatch your stories up soon.

Lauri, Congrats!

Thanks Nan.