Friday, February 18, 2011

Fun Weekend!


This has been a busy week with making it to the third of the way point in the WIP, offering up several workshops for online and conferences, and getting my new cover for a previously pubbed book.

I'm trying something new. I received my rights back on one of my first published books and will load it to Kindle in the hopes of drawing more readers to my other books. I'll keep you posted on how that all goes.

The best news this week is a retreat to the Oregon coast with two of my good writing friends. We keep in touch via the internet but it isn't the same as getting together a couple times a year and hanging out talking about family and writing. And these two have a wonderful sense of humor so we'll be laughing a lot!

After this break and rejuvenation I hope to get the WIP cranking out a bit faster. I've discovered how to work around all the historical facts making my progress move along at a clip I'm happy with. I'll find out soon from my CPs (critique partners) if it's working or not. Yes. I'm different than most, I get a few chapters into my WIP then I start sending chapters to my CPs. That way I have them pushing me to write faster to stay ahead of them, and they bring up things that I can change as I move ahead. Each CP has their strengths that blend well to make my books come together.

Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

No comments: