Friday, February 25, 2011

I Joined the E-book Revolution


I've had several people nudging me to get the rights back to some of my first books and publish them myself on Kindle and Smashwords. After watching what happen for a couple of other authors who have, I decided to take the plunge.

My daughter who is my wonderful webmistress was up to her elbows on wedding dresses(she designs and makes custom wedding dresses)was too busy to make the new cover so I asked fellow author and the person who really talked me into doing this adventure, Delle Jacobs. Don't you think she did an awesome job on the cover?

Then I had to format the manuscript to what both Kindle and Smashwords needed. That took me a couple days because I had to go through and take out all the formatting for a usual manuscript and then put in manually all the new things. But it was worth it in the end seeing the results!

I spent yesterday uploading all the information, the manuscript, and the cover to the two sites and today, you can purchase my book for $2.99 at Smashword in several different e-book formats. It hasn't published yet at Kindle. And at Smashword you can read 20% of the book before you have to buy it. So you know if you'll like it or not. They sent me an e-mail last night that one had already been purchased. That's fun to see.

One of the reasons for this adventure was to see if by having a book available at a low price it will garner me more readers and help to drive sales of my other books.

Are you interested in the new e-book self publishing revolution?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the new blog layout, and the cover is awesome! Congrats on the new publishing adventure!