Monday, February 28, 2011

What's on the Page?

News Flash!! I'll be the guest on Authors Tools a call in talk show tonight.
Title:Authors Tools Chat -- Paty Jager
Time:Monday, February 28th at 6:00pm Pacific
Listening method: Phone + Web Simulcast
Phone number: (503) 290-5016
PIN Code:* 493848#
To attend, visit:
http://InstantTeleseminar.com/?eventID=18004611

Now for the regularly scheduled post! ;)
Last week not a lot of writing was done on the WIP. I'm hoping to remedy that this week.

To do that I have to get back to my "productive" writing routine. That means no internet *gasp* until I've written 2000 words. Then I can answer e-mails and take care of other computer related things. Then when that's done I can write some more or do some more research reading. But I have to get my 2000 words a day.


The research reading is an ongoing thing with this book. I read several books about a battle or what happened next and from the various points of view I digest the information and write the scene. The scenes that flow the fastest are the ones that I don't have to worry about the exact history. Where the hero and heroine are alone and getting to know one another. The scenes that have to do with the history take me three times as long to write because I want to make it accurate but I don't want it to read like a text book or not go with the flow of the story.

When this project is done I will not do anymore stories that are so dependent upon a historical event!

Let's start a pool. My goal is to finish this book by mid-April. It's taken me two months to get a third of the way. Can I write the last two thirds in a month? Anyone want make a guess when you think I'll finish this book?

No comments: