Saturday, June 02, 2012

More off the Farm Fun

Yesterday we ate at a restaurant called Bob Evans with Tatianna Xander and her hubby. Then we went on a tour of a grocery store. Jenna and I were both scratching our heads, but this was more than a grocery store. It was a pop art museum.

Walking up to the store looks like a zoo. There are statues of monkeys, gorillas, and giraffes in a zoo like setting. At the door are signal lights and a sign that says start your carts. Inside the door is a giant ear of corn  singing. There were animated characters from a Chuckie Cheese, animated Robin Hood, a 996 pound cheese, the S.S.Minnow with Gilligan and crew, an Amish buggy, two pig's heads in the meat section(those didn't bother me), and sections for different countries.  In the Dutch section, I bought delicacies for my husband and mother-in-law.

The book signing went well. I handed out nearly all the handmade ereader covers I made along with cards of my free read and all my ebooks. The highlight was handing a card to a person that said, "I already read that. I frequent your website and have read everything but this one." She pointed to Spirit of the Sky. My reply, "It came out in May." Her reply, "Awesome, I'll go download it." And I signed her leather ereader cover!


Today will just be swimming through the horde of people. I would prefer to stay in the room and be alone, but that's not what I came here for.

4 comments:

Stacy McKitrick said...

Now I feel like a dunce. I saw you standing in the hallway (for the marketing workshop) and didn't say anything and now I wish I had. I know all about the feeling of wanting to stay in your room.

Did you like the conference? I'm from Dayton, so it was local for me (45 min drive). I like how it's smaller than others I've been to. But I still need to work on that socializing skill!

Paty Jager said...

Hi Stacy! I would have been ecstatic if you had said "hi". I did like the conference! Jenna and I were discussing it and it turned out even better than we'd imagined. I agree. I like the smaller masses! LOL

We left Cincinatti at 7am(3am my time) and I arrived at the Redmond airport at 3:30pm(my time)Hubby took me to dinner up town and now I'm catching up on online stuff so I can go to bed early!

therese patrick, author said...

How interesting that you and Jenna were at a conference near my hometown. That grocery store explains a lot about the childhood I seldom talk about...

I'm always amused to hear the "keep Portland weird" phrase as I often think, they have no idea...

Paty Jager said...

LOL, Terri. It must have been the talking corn that make you the way you are.