Sunday, October 21, 2012

Monday Mystery- James D. Doss



In preparation for starting my mystery series with Native American influences I picked up a book by  mystery writer, James D.Doss who also has a Native American influence in his stories. 

I bought The Shaman Sings to read how others weave in the Native American culture. 

Here is the blurb for the book.
The shocking death of a female physics student has shattered the peaceful community of Granite Creek, Colorado-- and police chief Scott Parris has a hunch he can't even begin to explain. He saw the killing...in his dreams.

Daisy Perika experienced the same visions. An aged Ute shaman who lives in a trailer on the lonesome highlands, hers is the realm of the Native American spirits. But Daisy doesn't need scientific proof to know that the student's breakthrough discovery was to kill for. And it isn't over yet. 

Parris wants to believe that Daisy can unleash the truth. But will her visions of Coyote and fire make for evidence in a court of law? Now it's up to Parris and Daisy's nephew, Tribal Police investigator Charlie Moon, to summon the supernatural and seize the killer--before he strikes again...   

If you've read any James D. Doss books I'd appreciate your thoughts on his books.

I'll let you know what I think when I get the book read.


No comments: