Thursday, July 28, 2016

Seven Wonders of my World by Paty Jager

How would you count the wonders of your world?
 
My world is 280 acres most of the time. That is to walk, drive, and ride my horse on. But when I think about how "worldly" I've become since publishing my first book, it astounds me. I've tried hard over the years to promote my books and myself because, face it, this day and age the reader wants to know about the person writing the books they enjoy. 

I Googled myself. And came up with 65,900 references to me. ((Mind Blown)) Yes, I am a blogging fool. I love to blog.  Bing said there were 645,000 instances. I didn't check them all to see if they were all me but that's a good number. Yahoo said 8,800 references.  So that makes my world fairly large.

Being an introvert if I didn't know that this much information about me should be good for book sales, I'd be hiding in my closet for fear someone might be peeking in my window and taking away my solitude. Since I want to sell books, I like these numbers. Scrolling through most of the references are to blogs. I'm on 6 group blogs. This is what ups my  numbers on social media.

But what are the 7 Wonders of my World?

1- I know 4 authors who live in Australia and we have chatted via emails.
2- I received an email fan letter from a reader in Australia
3- I am friends with a blogger who lives in Guatemala
4 - A woman in Brazil sent me a fan email
5 - A woman in the Netherlands loves my books ( not a relative)
6 - I have several authors in England who I've chatted with and participated with during online events
7 - I can touch this many people by sitting at my computer, writing the stories that interest me and captivate people from around the world.

As a child reading books set all over the world, I dreamed about visiting these places. Now I learn about them through others and put them in my books. 




Paty Jager is an award-winning author of 25+ novels and over a dozen novellas and short stories of murder mystery, western historical romance, and action adventure. She has a RomCon Reader’s Choice Award for her Action Adventure and received the EPPIE Award for Best Contemporary Romance. This is what reviewers say about her Shandra Higheagle Mystery series: "Mystery, romance, small town, and Native American heritage combine to make a compelling read."




All her work has Western or Native American elements in them along with hints of humor and engaging characters. Paty and her husband raise alfalfa hay in rural eastern Oregon. Riding horses and battling rattlesnakes, she not only writes the western lifestyle, she lives it.

blog / websiteFacebook / Paty's Posse / Goodreads / Twitter

No comments: