Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Oops! Mondays post on Tuesday!

I had uploaded a guest post for later in the month and thought I'd posted for this week. There goes the brain again!

Had a great weekend with oldest daughter and her family. They came over hunting and she bagged her buck. Hubby missed his, but we prefer elk over venison anyway.  He just wanted to hunt with his daughter.

Our son-in-law  is staying with us this week and helping hubby get his shop up. All last winter he kept saying if I had my shop I could be doing this and that.  This winter he will have his shop and can dink around in there to his heart's content!

Looking forward to this month. I'll have the next Shandra Higheagle mystery, Haunting Corpse, out by this time next week. It was a lot of fun to write and went quickly because I have been thinking about this story for some time.  Here is the blurb:



Desertion…Wrath…Murder
A runaway bride, murder, and arson has Shandra Higheagle sleuthing again. Sorting through the debris of her best friend’s childhood, Shandra believes she must solve the murder before her friend becomes the next victim. 
Stumbling upon a dead body, Detective Ryan Greer is determined to bring the killer to justice before Shandra becomes too entangled in her friend’s dysfunctional past. He hopes he’s not too late. Shandra’s deceased grandmother has already visited her dreams, putting Shandra in the middle of his investigation and danger. 

Now I'm working on the next Tumbling Creek novella for another box set with 5 other authors. This novella will be about Brett Wallis the owner of the Tumbling Creek Dude Ranch Resort and his cook/ housekeeper, Melanie.  I've been gathering all the info on the families connected to the ranch and Melanie's background. I've worked on the conflict grid and am figuring out the best starting point for the story.  I know it will be Lacey and Jared's wedding day but trying to decide whether to start it before or after the wedding. I'm leaning toward after, when they are cleaning up. The title of this story will be, Love Me Anyway.  

This weekend will be filled with more company. It is that time of year! What are your weekend plans? 

photo source: Canstock

No comments: