Friday, May 07, 2010

Friday Faves


We had sun all day yesterday!! No rain, no sleet, no snow, no hail! It was gorgeous. And I traveled to Salem to attend my RWA chapter meeting. The pass was clear, the traffic over the mountain wasn't too bad.

The speaker at the meeting was Steeple Hill Love Inspired author Terri Reed. I'll give you a great exercise for learning more about you character on Monday Mulligan Stew.

I haven't planted my butt on my horse yet this week. If today is half as nice as yesterday I'm hoping to ride him tonight after the dh gets home. I had an almost spill last summer and the dh has forbid me to ride now unless he's home.

Didn't write a ton of words this week, but I have learned more about my hero and heroine and their families.

On the drive to the meeting last night I fleshed out a couple of important secondary characters.

I've been approached to give two online workshops for SAVVY writers. I'll let you know when those are.

Have a Happy Mother's Day weekend all you mothers, grandmothers, and mothers to be out there!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are suppose to get the snow you had earlier this weekend. :)

Don't you love when you can take the time to flesh out characters while you drive? It's an hours drive to my RWA group, and that what I usually do then, too!

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

M Pax said...

Happy Mom's day to you!

I rode my in-law's horse out on a trail a few years ago. Went with someone else on the other horse. They got separated and my horse had a fit. It was not fun to sit through. Reminded me I'm not as young as I was when I rode all the time.

Paty Jager said...

Hi Lauri,

yes, that is one of the reasons I like my meetings being so far away, I get head time with my characters.

Paty Jager said...

Mary,

That's why I wait for my dh to be home. I'm getting too old to pick myself up off the ground should my horse decided to put me there.