Wednesday, July 29, 2015

New Release! Claiming a Heart

The last book of the Halsey Homecoming Trilogy and the eighth book in the Halsey Brothers Series is now available. While I've had a wonderful time writing about the Halsey family and their extended family members, I'm ready to start a new historical western series. Watch for that early in 2016.

Don't fret, though. In October the very last Halsey story will be available as a novella. Shayla's story has a happy ending at Christmas time. ;)

I had fun writing Claiming a Heart. The idea for the story came when I visited the underground tunnels in Pendleton, Oregon. As always when I find something that tweaks my interest I started "what iffing".  I wanted a character who lived in the underground tunnels to help another character.  That way I could show the tunnels and inform people of the history that was connected to the tunnels. 

Claiming a Heart - Donny's Story


Book three of the Halsey Homecoming historical western romance trilogy that is a sequel to the Halsey Brothers Series.

Callie MacPherson - or Mac - is hiding from the law. When she witnesses a group of lawless thugs beating a newcomer, she drags the innocent man into the underground tunnels of Pendleton. Caring for the man, Callie discovers she hasn’t become as hard-hearted as she’d feared.

Donny Kimball’s loss of sight didn’t blind his heart. It can see far more than his eyes ever could. His heart tells him Callie MacPherson needs him as much as he needs her. If only he can convince her of that before they both get killed.

No comments: