Thursday, August 27, 2015

A True Retreat

I was fortunate enough to be able to tag-a-long on a writer's retreat on the Oregon Coast. The house we are staying is is owned by the Oregon Writer's Colony. It is a 1930 log house that was built by John Stiener. The family was renown in their time for their log cabins.



They have unique door handles that look like roots, wooden latches, and arched windows on the doors. The hinges are large and ornate.





The wide planks used for the walls, floors and ceilings have knots and give the place added character.

I've been enjoying my stay, writing 4,000 words then taking a walk on the beach and coming back in and writing some more.

Two of the writers with me have met their goals and are starting new projects. I had hoped to have this story farther along by now, but it is coming and I'm on the downhill side of it.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome house! You couldn't ask for a more perfect place to write than in a house that was built on creativity AND is by the ocean!! I hope your trip has been relaxing and inspiring!!

Paty Jager said...

Maggie, It is an awesome house! I find something unique every day. It has been relaxing and inspiring, but I'm ready to go home. I just wish I could take the coast with me. ;)

Rain Trueax said...

Beautiful house, photos and sounds like an enriching experience

Paty Jager said...

Rain, It was a a great time. And lots of words filled my document!!