Monday, September 03, 2007

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together!



Hannibal Smith (George Peppard) of the A-Team, a television show I watched as a young adult always said that great line! And he was my favorite character on that show. I love a man with a twinkle in his eye and calm demeanor even back then! But if justice didn't prevail, Watch Out! Then he became a man of action!

I love it when a plan comes together! That's how I felt when I received my first review for "Perfectly Good Nanny". I've been putting together a proposal to teach a workshop at RWA Nationals on Characterization. And when the review came and the reviewer said:

I enjoyed Perfectly Good Nanny, mostly because the characters are so multi-dimensional. ... The strongest point of this book is the way Ms. Jager has written such wonderful characters. The reader can’t help but become involved in their lives, and are drawn right into the plot. There are no real surprises, but there don’t need to be any for it to be an enchanting read. I found Perfectly Good Nanny to be a completely pleasant way to pass an afternoon. Good job, Ms. Jager!

This review solidified I picked the right topic to try and sell to the workshop committee. And it has boosted my confidence that I might know a little about a writing topic for a change! LOL

So if you don't mind in the next few weeks, I'll be asking for your help in giving this workshop a title and asking for some country songs. But I'll explain that all later.

Hope you are all having a safe and happy Labor day!

No comments: