Friday, October 24, 2008
Friday Five- The Writer's Creed
I may have posted this before, but it is tacked up in front of me as I write and something I think all writers need to keep in mind when they are writing. I'm not sure where I found it. If it was some conference speaker, a book I read, or on a writer's blog or website. I wish I could remember to give the person credit because it has become my creed as I write.
The Writer's Creed
1. Character endures longer than plot in your stories.
2. Action intrigues the reader more than passive language.
3. Scenes excite the reader more than narration.
4. Dialogue interests the reader more than exposition.
5. Nouns and verbs trump adjectives and adverbs.
Do you have something tacked up by your computer that reminds you to stay on course when writing? If so, what?