Thursday, February 05, 2015

Alphabetize or Categorize

That's the question at the moment.

I have empty bookcases that are aching to be used. My books are still boxed up. I hope to get them into the house this weekend and start placing them on the hallowed shelves. There is nothing that warms the cockles of my heart like seeing my bookcases full of books.

Most of my books are for research. I have two shelves on Native Americans, one shelf on murder, three or four on American history, one on cowboys/western life in the 1800's.And one shelf on Mayan and Aztec cultures. As you can tell most of my research reflects what I like to write about.

And I can't forget the shelf that has the "how to" writing books.

I also have several cool rock bookends and with my Native American art I purchased this summer I hope to also add a few of those knick knacks to the shelves.

I'm looking forward to unpacking my books and putting them on the shelves. Before I just had the books placed on the shelves with like books, this time I'll put them in the category they belong in and alphabetize them. It will make finding and replacing them much easier.

Speaking of the Native American art... I stare at the walls in my office trying to decide where I want to put the Sun God, where the three warriors picture should go and how to hang the tomahawk. Should it hang or should I put up a shelf for it and the pottery? Decisions, decisions. And I still need to write!


No comments: