Monday, November 05, 2007

Chaos


Friday's booksigning was another learning lesson. I had fun talking with the book store owner and catching up with some friends. But it fell on a night of another literary program, so we are going to reschedule another book signing on Saturday afternoon, December 1st.

I have daughters and grandchildren here this week. So far just the one family but the other one will arrive tonight. When you are used to being just you, your husband, and the dog, it is a little disconcerting to have a 4 year-old who talks nonstop and a teething 16 month-old. The house will take a long time for all the echoes of voices to fade when they leave.

But I'm excited to have them and visit.

Do you have company coming between now and the first of the year? Do you welcome them and then are thankful when they leave? Or do you dread their coming and miss them when they go?

4 comments:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

I'm planning company for Thanksgiving. I'm cleaning as we speak to get things ready. I love having people here but in the hours and days immediately leading up to it, I panic and worry and get frustrated. And then I'm always glad when they're gone.

All this cleaning and prepping sure does wreak havoc on the writing and blogging time, though!

Danita Cahill said...

No company planned for me. My DH probably has to work on Thanksgiving, so no big dinner planned for that holdiay. I made a roast chicken the other night and told him, "Happy Thanksgiving early!"

I take that back, I do have company, DH's family coming for a Christmas get together next month. Looking forward to that. I jumped the gun and got out my snowmen collection yesterday. I am so ready for Christmas. Even have most of my shopping done. Yay!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm lucky I don't have to do the big Thanksgiving thing. I'll be visitored out by them.

Danita Cahill said...

Visitored out? Ha!