Monday, December 17, 2007

Wonderful Friends


Last Thursday night I attended our RWA (Romance Writers of America) chapter get-together in Salem. It was held at a member's house- thank you , Eli- and it was a lot of fun, even though it was a small gathering.

I was surprised and warmed by the fresh cut wreath and western ornaments they gave me as the out-going president of the chapter. I hadn't expected anything other than my glass raindrops for my two sold books during 2007. (we do awards at the December get-together).

Receiving the wreath nicely topped off my day as I had learned that morning my book was a finalist in the EPPIE.

Has someone done something nice and unexpected for you lately? If so, what? If not, why not do something nice for someone else- it will be just as good a feeling! I gave a friend a gift and her response was overwhelming. Giving me as much of a warm feeling as when I received my wreath.

No comments: