Monday, March 16, 2009

So Much Fun!

I'm not sure when I've felt so comfortable or had as good a time at a conference as I did this past weekend. I'm pretty sure it's because it was a relatively small conference- 75 people and the RWA chapter hosting it were all warm and welcoming. Denise Murray, a new friend, took oodles of photos since she's the appointed photographer for the event and when she sends me some, I'll post them.

I had the pleasure of meeting fellow TWRP authors Patti Fischer and Patrice Moore. Patti was quiet and a lot like me in crowds(I wonder if it has to do with the name?)And Patrice is full of life, warm, and had wonderful stories about her farm and writing. I also caught up with TWRP author Sheri Lewis Wohl, we met at the EPICon last year.

Stella Cameron gave a key note address that was funny and uplifting. Linda Lael Miller gave us a run down of how she got to where she is today. Both ladies have published over 70 books. My professional goal is to be in the elite circle of over 50 published books.

My workshop on Characterization had over 30 participants. The power point projector didn't work, so we had to wait for them to bring in another one, then once my program started for some reason it skipped a couple of slides, but we made it through. I filled them full of the information and they had exercises to do. Looking around the room as I gave the presentation, some people looked like they were bored. I was wracking my brain on how to make it any better- but afterward, those were the ones who told me it was a good presentation and information was helpful! So go figure!

The books signing went better than I expected for such a small gathering.

The drive up was beautiful, sunshine all the way. The drive back was six hours of rain, snow, sleet, and high winds! But a great adventure.

2 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

Sounds like a great time!

Lauri said...

Wow! It sounds like you had a great time! And congrats on the presentation and the book signing!

Glad you made it home safely!