Monday, June 29, 2009

Booksignings, trips, and writing


Sometimes it just feels like things align themselves for a reason.

My book signing on Friday didn't have people knocking the doors down, but I had some wonderful visits. One with an aspiring writer and several with friends who I only see, it seems, at my book signings. We caught up on families and talked books.

At the book festival on Saturday, Tink and I sat next to one of my favorite people, Terri Reed, Harlequin Love Inspired author. She is always a wealth of knowledge. We talked about writing, the industry, and how we got were we are. All the author speaking events on Saturday were filmed and will be shown on a cable channel as well as they are to inform us when our segment would be available on Youtube. Very cool!

Today, I'm headed to Princeton to change water on the newly planted alfalfa. On Tuesday between changing the pipes, Tink and I'll mosey down the road to pick up more seed, and then we're going to check out a ghost town I'm using in the next writing project. Very cool!

Thursday Tink and I are headed to Montana with a friend of my oldest daughter to attend a wedding of their friend. It should be a fun road trip with maybe some story ideas found along the way???

What plans do you have for the Fourth of July weekend coming up?

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Wow, you had a busy weekend, and another one ahead! Can't wait to hear about Silver City!

We are heading to our property up by Canada for the 4th, and I'm looking forward to a few lazy days!

Helen Hardt said...

We're not doing too much this fourth, because we're leaving the country early the next day at the butt crack of dawn, LOL. A week on the tropical island of Curacao awaits us!

Nicole McCaffrey said...

As always we'll be attending our town's festivities--parade and celebration at Town Hall, then back at dark for fireworks. No one does an old fashioned fourth better than our little town LOL!