Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy after conference day!


First off, I messed up and forgot to have someone take photos with my camera. So no photos. I'm lousy at remembering to take photos.

I had an interesting roommate in that, after we hooked up I found out she actually grew up in my corner of Oregon. So we had fun reminiscing about things as well as talking writing.

I met new people, networked (I actually walked right up to an editor and an agent while they were in a hallway and talked to them) that is a first for me. I'm usually too timid. I learned one agent would never be a fit for me. Love the other two but they aren't interested in what I write.

I sold 20 books at the signing and had a good group in the workshop I presented. And I picked up tidbits of new stuff in the workshops I attended.

So it was a good weekend full of writing energy.

How was your weekend? And Lauri and Helen I know you also went to conferences how were those?

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great weekend! My writer's retreat was great! Lots of fun and learning.