Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Faves


Last night I attended the Central Oregon Writer's Guild December social. Eight people read from their work. I was one of the eight. In fact, I was surprised to see my name first on the list to read, which was good because it didn't give me time to work up butterflies! I read a non-fiction piece I wrote for a contest then sent to a publisher of books of short stories. I won't know if they like it until June. The story was humorous, and thankfully. I received laughs in all the right places.

This month an author friend and RWA chapter mate, Elisabeth Naughton is promoting her next release Stolen Seduction with a 30 day contest. She has a different author a day on her blog. You go to the author's website and find the answer to a question they ask and put the answer in the comments section of her blog. Anyway, I'm on her blog on the 30th. And did I mention there is a winner every day AND every time you comment your name goes in the pot for a $100 Amazon Gift card. Here is her blog.

This week has been much warmer, in the 40's. I like that over zero and minus degrees.

Since I'm in the middle of revisions on a project starting Monday, I'll be posting the steps I learned eons ago to do your own polishing. I cut down some of the steps through the years, but I'll start posting some every Monday until I run out of steps.

I hope everyone is not feeling too crazy this holiday season. I have all my goodies made to distribute next week to friends. I only have two more presents to get, a few more to wrap, and I'm ready for the festivities!

No comments: