Monday, December 14, 2009

Giving back


It is the season when thoughts go to giving. I've always enjoyed giving more than receiving and this year is no different. I try to find presents for family and friends that I think they will like and that in some cases they will think of our friendship when they see the gift.

I also believe in giving back in other ways. I have toys to take to the fire department for their annual toy drive. In the past my 4-H club has helped wrap the presents. This year I'm helping wrap toys for the annual Sheriff's gift giving where children from low income family's are helped to shop at WalMart with a sheriff department person then a group of volunteers wrap the presents. I'll be helping with that tomorrow.

My giving throughout the year is through my writng. I volunteer to teach workshops to writing groups and at conferences. I also helped with the 4th grade picture book contest held in our school district in conjunction with the library. I try to make giving a year round endeavor.

How about you? Any special giving you're doing this season or all year round?

No comments: