Monday, February 22, 2010


We had a wonderful time with our grandchildren and celebrating Tiffiney's 6th birthday this weekend. Unfortunately this is the only photo I have. Her stack of birthday (pan)cakes. My camera batteries went dead and the usual backups in my satchel were gone

Five of her cousins arrived and we all went to the public swimming pool for the party. Six of her friends arrived and the party began with splashing squealing, and lots of smiles. I was in charge of making sure Tiffiney's sister, 3 1/2 year old Hailie didn't slip out of the kiddie pool into the large pool. She's had swim lessons but has a kamikaze attitude toward everything she does. Not hard to believe she liked the snowboarding events at the Olympics!! The pool provided the cake, ice cream and even little party gifts fro all the kids. It was pretty funny, we stopped their swimming after an hour to eat. Most didn't even finish their cake before they ran back into the pool, swimming another full hour.

I'm looking forward to attending a writer retreat this weekend! I hope to write a large chunk on the end of my WIP.

I'm also putting together a workshop for a writer's group on GMC. Anyone have any resources they think are excellent on this topic? I have Debra Dixon's Goal, Motivation, and Conflict book.

2 comments:

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Great picture! Sounds like she had a wonderful day--boy they're growing fast!

No suggestion from GMC from me, I'm afraid. LOL, I could use a little of that these days myself!

Anonymous said...

Aw, she's adorable! I love that she's having birthday pancakes. LOL

As far as GMC goes, "I got nothing for ya. Head back to your camp" as Jeff Probst always says on Survivor. LOL