Monday, March 01, 2010

Perfect Weekend!


The weather on the Oregon Coast counldn't have performed any better. A little rain one day but over all beautiful weather. I had two long walks on the beach. Saturday at sunset. At one point the water looked like liquid silver gliding into the sand and back out to sea. Gorgeous! And my highlight was getting catcalls from a group of males sitting on the edge of the cliff in front of a funky looking house. If only I'd pulled the hood of my sweatshirt down and they could have been blinded by the gray hair and wrinkles! LOL

Writing, I'm three scenes away from finishing Spirit of the Lake. I'm running pretty much on time with the schedule I'd set for myself. Which is good because when I set the schedule I didn't know I"d be on a 7-day road trip starting this Thursday!! I'm riding shot-gun with my daughter and her three kids to a graduation in Arizona and then to Disneyland. I plan to keep you all posted here as to how I'm fairing. But I'm glad my book will be done and I'll just be working on edits and clean up while on the road with three 5 and under kids. "I'm hungry, I have to go pee, He's touching me!" LOL

Also this month I'm part of a free Teaser Anthology that I'll give you all a link to as soon as it is ready. It has one of the love scenes from my June release in it.

5 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

Lovely photo!

Lauri said...

Sounds like you had a spectacular weekend, and that there's another one coming up! Have fun!

Cate Masters said...

Absolutely gorgeous shot. I'd be too busy gaping at the scenery to write.
Safe travels.

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Helen! It was a beautiful sunset walk on the beach.

HI Lauri. Yes! Hanging with grandkids this time. LOL

Thanks, Cate!

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Sounds like a great weekend--that view would definitely be inspirational (so would the cat calls, LOL)

Enjoy the upcoming trip!