Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Faves

This week has been a discovery. I discovered another writing group and found myself welcomed warmly and enjoying their company.

While breakfasting at Crane Cafe one of our neighbors, Barbara, mentioned to me that there was a writers group in Burns. So I googled and found Harney Basin Writers. Their meetings are the first and third Tuesday of the month at 2pm in the Harney County Library. Since we were in Princeton all week and my hubby needed some things from town we planned the excursion around the meeting. I met Nancy and Kate. We had a wonderful time chatting. Now I know where I can go in Harney County when I need some writing energy.

We planted another twenty acres in triticale to prepare the soil for planting alfalfa next year.

I thought up three short stories while driving tractor and have had some good writing hours.

I'm judging anthologies for the EPPIE contest. the first one was not so good.The second while it isn't my usual reading genre has been interesting. I'm learning things I didn't know. Always a plus for me when reading.

I've had some wonderful writing friends follow me to my guest blog this week. Thank you all!

The online workshop I'm teaching will come to a close this weekend. It's been fun teaching and encouraging other writers. That is up there with finishing a book in my favorite things to do.

Hope you all had a good week full of faves and a fun weekend planned.

4 comments:

M Pax said...

Yaay for more writing groups.

It is fun to read something different and learn something new.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than a writer's group for keeping a girl going and at her computer. I've been a member of my critique group for almost 25 years and can't imagine life without them. The important thing is finding a group you fit into and one in which the members put effort into giving kind critiques that help rather than bash. It's an acquired skill.

Paty Jager said...

Yes, Mary, I don't think you can ever have too many friends in writing groups. There is no one else who understands a writer like a writer does.

Charlene, I agree you need a body of people around you to help you grow in your writing and to keep you pumped up.

Margaret West said...

i LURVEEE my writing group. They keep me on my toes. Great excerpt. Loved it.