Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Mulligan Stew


Woo hoo! I'm lovin' my newest cover for the second book of the spirit trilogy. I received the jpegs last Friday. For those who have read the first book, the second book is Wewukiye's story as you can tell by the elk on the cover. The other cool thing is the cover artist Rae Monet was able to use a picture of Wallowa Lake the lake in my story and the summer home of the Lake Nimipuu.

Those that don't know, I grew up in Wallowa County and visited the lake often growing up. In fact, I'll be in the town, Enterprise, where I went to school on Saturday the 27th for a book signing. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some old classmates and family friends at the signing. We'll see. My family had a place up the Lostine River 12 miles from Enterprise and a couple ridges over from Wallowa Lake.

Knowing the area made writing this book and getting it published more special. Do you like to read books about areas/places you know or do you prefer reading about places you don't know?

3 comments:

M Pax said...

I like to travel when I read, but I enjoy both places I know and don't.

Beautiful cover! Woohoo!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Mary. Good to see you back. Hope all is well.

Lauri said...

Gorgeous cover!

I like both, to read about familiar places, and to learn about those I haven't visited.