Friday, August 19, 2011

Fabulous Friday!!

For those of you who don't follow me on facebook or twitter I received an e-mail the first of the week that told me Spirit of the Mountain had placed first in the paranormal category for the Lories Best Published Book. Since many of you know this is the book of my heart, I was beyond ecstatic. All the first place books in each category now are being read by a buyer for Barnes and Noble and he will pick the best of all those and that person will get a registration for next year's RWA(Romance Writers of America) National Conference. Just having my book picked as first is a thrill.
My daughter finished the cover for the next book I'm self-publishing along with Lauri Robinson. It's our "Sister" story we co-wrote, For a Sister's Love. She wrote half of the book from one sister's point of view, and I wrote the second half from the older sister's point of view. They were split up on a wagon train headed west when their parents were killed in an Indian raid. Now ten years later they're working to get back to one another. It was a lot of fun to plot, come up with their back story, and exchange ideas for each of their stories. I'm having someone read through it for any typos/errors then it will go live to Kindle next week.

And for those of you dying to get your hands on Christmas Redemption, I'd originally said it would be available in November. Due to popular demand, it will be ready to purchase in October. (daughter is working on the cover, I'm formatting it)

This is the first weekend in a while I'm not doing something book related, but I'm on the road to our other property to stop the pivot and start the solid hand line set. Hoping for twenty-four hours of judging a writing contest entries so I can start next week with a clean slate and get Hank's book rolling.

Enjoy your weekend. Summer will soon be over and you'll wish you'd hit the lake, mountain, beach one more time.


3 comments:

Becky said...

Paty, that is great news about "Spirit of the Mountain" placing first in the paranormal category for the Lories Best Published Book.
Your daughter did a fantastic job on the cover for "For a Sister's Love". I really like the cover.
I will be looking forward to buying "Christmas Redemption" in October.
Enjoy your weekend, I hope you have a fun and wonderful one.

Devon Matthews said...

Congratulations again on your win! I'm excited for you. And I hope you win the RWA conference prize, too.

That's really cool that you and Lauri co-wrote a book. It sounds good, and your daughter did a beautiful job on the cover. Best of luck with it! I hope you sell bunches!

Even as hot as it's been this summer, I really hate to see it end. I always dread the long, long winters.

Happy writing!
Devon

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Becky. I agree on the cover. My daughter does good work.

Hi Devon! Thank you. I don't mind the winters until about March...then I can't wait for spring.