Monday, March 09, 2015

Crimelandia Here I Come!

This Thursday I am wading into waters that are unknown. This Thursday through Sunday is the Left Coast Crime conference in Portland, Oregon. Since I've decided to write in the genre that started me writing novels, I'm attending. I've been to romance Writers of American conferences and have enjoyed the camaraderie and good will at those. I'm hoping to feel the same at the mystery writer conference and come away learning things that will make my mystery books even better and perhaps have garnered a few more readers.

I'm on a panel  on Friday. After perusing the other authors books, I think it will be an interesting and entertaining panel. The moderator is Lori Rader-Day, with panelists: Allen Eskens, Barbara Petty, and  Ilene Schneider.  We'll be discussing amateur sleuths and cozy mysteries.

On Saturday, March 14th, I'll be at Jan's Paperback Books,18095 Sw Tualatin Valley Hwy, Beaverton, OR from 1-4pm. I'll be signing books with another mystery writer, Tracy Weber.

I've spent a couple mornings putting together outfits for the conference. I have the mystery books ready, I'll pick up mini booklets of the first chapters of the mystery books up at Staples in Bend on my way through there, and I have a gift basket for the raffle just about ready. It still needs some coffee, tea, and hot chocolate to go in it.

I don't know what to expect with a different group of people than romance writers, but I'll push my introvert self to mingle and glean as much info as I can.

If you're in the area I'd love to see you at my book signing at Jan's.

Do you like to attend conferences? Why or why not?
 

2 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

I never have attended conferences but probably should. I will be interested in hearing how it goes for you and what you feel it benefited.

I have bookmarks printed at Staples but never heard of mini booklets. Good idea!

Paty Jager said...

Rain, Next year they will be in Arizona, I believe. Check out the Left Coast link I put in the post.

Thanks!