Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Review of Trudy, Madly, Deeply

It's not often I post a review on my blog. Lately I've had a hard time of finding a book that I want to make time to read. Trudy, Madly, Deeply by Wendy Delaney is such a book.

Once I started reading this mystery about an overweight, 30ish, divorced woman who started her first day on the job with the district attorneys office as a deputy coroner when her real asset was being able to tell when people were lying, I didn't want to stop reading it.

I've known Wendy Delaney for years through RWA(Romance Writers of America). When I saw her at the Left Coast Crime conference and saw her mystery, I had to buy it. Wendy has a great sense of humor and it came through in this book.

If you like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series you'll love Wendy's Working Stiffs Mystery series. She has the same humorous flair, but her characters are more believable and not so over the top as in the Stephanie Plum books.

As soon as I read the name Detective Steve Sixkiller...she had me. Though there hasn't been any mention to his Native American roots, the last name and now reading about him has me wishing I were Charmaine Digby.

Wendy, you have found a new fan!

Trudy, Madly, Deeply

Human lie detector Charmaine Digby is having a bad year. After eating her way through a divorce, she's out of work and up to her eyeballs in debt. In need of a life makeover Char comes home to the senior citizen haven of Port Merritt, Washington, and is ecstatic when she parlays her eye for lies into a job as the County Coroner's new assistant. But her joy is short-lived when a hunky doctor at the hospital reports the suspicious death of Trudy, Port Merritt's beloved Story Lady. Even more stunning, Trudy isn't the only recent patient whose heart mysteriously stopped.
 
Is it mad to think that dear old Trudy could be the latest victim of a serial killer? 

With no physical evidence of foul play, Char's on the case, much to the irritation of Detective Steve Sixkiller, who doesn't want her to stick her pretty nose for trouble in his investigation. But she's a woman on a mission to uncover the truth, and she'd better keep her eyes open or the next body on the way to the morgue could be hers....


No comments: